2019’s Marketing Cash Cow
Video: The B2B Cash Cow of 2019
Can you believe more video content is uploaded to the web in one single month than TV has created in three decades (Digital Information World)?
The use of videos in marketing products has exploded in recent years. In fact, 93% of businesses that use video say they’ve gotten a new customer after posting videos on social media. While video production is not a new concept, the idea of shorter videos has gained increased popularity among the vast amount of content being shared with consumers on a daily basis. In the age of social media, grabbing the attention of audiences is becoming increasingly difficult for marketers at companies big and small. Attention spans are so short, it’s estimated that marketers only have 2.7 seconds to capture an audience.
Why Should You Care?
You may be thinking to yourself “I don’t market to end-consumers, so I don’t have a need for video.” Wrong. A video is a perfect way to grab attention from the right people and make a lasting, profitable impression.
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video over text. (Digital Information World)
- 97% of marketers say that video has helped increase users’ understanding of their product or service. (Wyzowl)
Where Should Video Content be Shared?
Embedding Video from YouTube onto the Product Page
A product’s individual page is a great place to house a product video. Most companies will upload their video to YouTube and embed the video on the product page. These videos are typically embedded near the product description, to close the sale. Here’s why:
- 81% of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 57% of consumers say that product videos make them more confident in a purchase. (Invodo)
- Visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average. (Invodo)
Sharing Video on LinkedIn
According to Animoto, “LinkedIn video is on the rise in 2018 and is on a trajectory to keep growing in 2019. Now is the perfect time to get on board, particularly for B2B marketers.” Here are some 2018 statistics from LinkedIn on video:
- A video is shared 20X more often than other types of content formats in the LinkedIn feed. (LinkedIn)
- Video campaigns are generating view rates close to 50%. (LinkedIn)
- 80% of LinkedIn videos are watched without sound. (LinkedIn)
- Video campaigns on LinkedIn are generating view rates close to 50%. (LinkedIn)
Using Video in an Email Campaign
One may not think that email and video go hand-in-hand, but according to Digital Information World, it is clear that they should. If you are looking for ways to jazz up your 2019 email campaigns, try sprinkling in some video. Here’s why:
- Just using the word “video” within the subject of an email has the power to increase open rates by 19%. (Digital Information World)
- Including video in an email increases the click-through rate by 200%. (Digital Information World)
- Unsubscribe rates are reduced by 26% when a video is included in an email. (Digital Information World)
Things to Keep in Mind
- Keep it short and sweet: The optimal length for videos is 30 to 90 seconds, with 80% of viewers saying they’re happy to watch videos this length. (LinkedIn)
- Timing is everything: The middle of the week is the most popular time for B2B video views, with Tuesday between 7AM-11AM PST (10AM-1PM EST) seeing the highest number of views. (Impact)
- Don’t overthink it: Video production does not necessarily have to come with a large bill attached. There are many free, or economic resources for producing and editing videos. The cheapest option being your handy smartphone and free editing software. A more traditional route is to purchase a camera that records video and use a program such as Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the videos.
- Edit the video without sound, then add it in: 85% of videos on social media are watched without sound. (Digiday)
- Make it fun: In the fast-paced environment we live in, make a point to be different. Show off your brand by making videos that uniquely reflect your brand’s identity.
Take a look at all of the NEW Storm Creek product videos! View the entire YouTube playlist here!