Bring an upscale tonal look to any brand with Storm Creek’s Laser Etch technology. Take advantage of unique placements and small detail to bring your design to life.
Laser Etching involves a computerized laser to precisely “burn” a logo or design into the top layer of the fabric. The type and color of the fabric is key to knowing if this method is appropriate. This method of decorating apparel is really growing in popularity and is a great way to add a logo in a subtle and unique way. You can laser etch over zippers and seems.View Laser Etch Tips
WHAT FABRICS CAN BE LASER ETCHED
Laser etch is great for fleece, performance fabrics, and certain wovens. This technique is applicable to select Storm Creek styles and colors, such as our sweaterfleece jacket, vest, and pullovers, certain softshell jackets and vests, and heavier insulated jackets. If you’re interested in this technique, please consult with us and we’ll guide you through the best fabric options and styles.
Recommended Styles: To see the specific styles that can be laser etched, view our methods index for more information.
Laser etch tips
- Intricate designs can usually be laser etched with precision; however, laser etching is at the mercy of the fabric. A smooth fabric will laser more cleanly. Fleece can be lasered, but fine details may be lost in the pile of the fabric.
- Laser is always a tone-on-tone look.
- The resulting decorated area has a softer “built-in” feel, versus embroidery, heat transfer, or screen print.
- Laser etching permanently changes the garment, and it will never crack, fade, peel or fray.
- You can laser etch over zippers, pockets, etc. in ways not possible with other decoration methods.
- Pricing is calculated by logo/design size