As we sail into the second month of 2024, let’s take a moment to reflect on the amazing strides we’ve made in January.
2023 Impact Statement
Our goal is to give our 5 millionth dollar to charity by 2030. We made huge strides towards that goal in 2023. We passed $2.1 million donated to nonprofit organizations focused on benefiting our planet and communities. Now that’s worth shouting about!
More 2023 by the numbers:
- Over $162,000 in monetary donations
- Apparel donations worth over $750,000 that included over 18,000 garments
- 250,000 meals given through Feeding America
Here’s what some of the recipients had to say:
“I am beyond grateful for the donation from Storm Creek this winter. When it was all said and done, they donated 13,262 garments (27 pallets). This was at a time when we had zero winter wear on our shelves. I do not know how to quantify what their donation does for those in need. This was literally a watershed moment in my life to have been a part of this story.” ~ Bruce Zweber, HEART
“Wow! Thank you for all the ways you support community and lift our kids. We look forward to even greater partnership in the future. With you in our corner, we are truly BIGGER and BETTER together!” ~ Big Brothers Big Sisters Twin Cities
Wear for Better™
In the spirit of giving back, our very own Lizzy Wallner joined One Good Deed at their 7th annual Scarf Bombing Event! Thank you, Lizzy for embodying our values and taking time to give back to the community. We are so grateful for you!
Welcome to the Team!
Please give a warm welcome to the newest Creeker Seekers! We are so excited you’re here.
- Dan Draine – Controller
- Nicole Drotning – Accountant
- Ryan Geris – Inventory Analyst & Supply Chain
- Alexis Neubauer – Accounting Intern
Congratulations, Amanda Zibolski, on getting promoted to Senior Graphic Designer!
On the Road
January kicked off our 2024 tradeshows and travel with a bang!
Aaron Smith joined Tobin James at ASI Orlando. The highlight of the show? How darn good our products feel! Our dreamy fabrics had people saying, “this is made from plastic bottles?”
At PPAI Expo, our booth buzzed with energy from dawn to dusk (no really… it was crazy busy). The spotlight was on our latest spring arrivals, including the stylish Tiebreaker Vest and the cozy Pacesetter Hoodie. The crowd favorite? Undoubtedly, the Challenger Jacket (coming soon!).
Beyond the booth, Teresa brought the Storm Creek mission to life with an inspiring presentation titled "Do Well by Doing Good". Key takeaways from the session:
- Authenticity: Start with your brand's purpose, understanding why your business exists.
- Audacity: Set attainable goals and then double them, encouraging a bold and ambitious approach.
- All-In: Share your commitments openly, make it a part of the strategic plan, involve the team, and keep conversations going to inspire others.
- Shared Values: Companies with purpose attract employees with shared values, with 93% of employees believing that companies must lead with purpose.
Teresa also participated in a sustainability panel, "Green Print For Success: Lessons From Sustainable and Corporate Pioneers". She was joined by other industry leaders in a discussion about sustainable practices.
“Don’t discount being part of [sustainable products’ sales growth] by not offering them in the first place even if they weren’t asked for.” -Teresa Fudenberg, CEO, Storm Creek.
- Feb 6 UMAPP Facility Tour + Lunch n Learn @ Storm Creek
- Feb 28-21 ASB National Sales Conference in FTW
- Feb 25-27 Facilis Supplier Showcase in ATL
In the News
- Storm Creek Named ASI's Counselor 2024 Best Places to Work
- Storm Creek at the PPAI Expo: A Sustainable Showcase
- ASI - Storm Creek Donated $950,000 in 2023
- PPAI Media - Storm Creek's 2023 Impact Report Reveals Over 32 Million Plastic Bottles Upcycled
- PPAI Media - Sustainability Leaders Encourage Expo Attendees to Start Small, Remain Committed
- ASI - Storm Creek Featured in ASI Counselor Magazine
- Storm Creek Announces New Sales Leadership
- PPAI - Storm Creek Featured in PPAI Magazine's January Issue